Blast from the past: “33 years”
I’ve been doing some spring cleaning on computers and found this old unpublished blog post that I wrote on my 33rd birthday. It was the year that I started doing triathlons, coached Girls on the Run, ran my first half marathon…well, I’ll just let you read it. Enjoy!
So today is my birthday…hard to believe another year has come and gone! Time does go by faster the older we get…and yes, I am one year older than I was yesterday! But, boy, it’s been an amazing year!
I have done things this year that I never imagined doing or being able to do. I could bore you with the details, or just give you the numbers.
- 1 graduate class
- 1 cruise
- 3 foreign countries
- countless concerts on a boat
- countless times watching the SNL music video “I’m on a boat!”
- 2 conference presentations
- 2 family weddings (Cali in April & RI in September, neither of them mine, btw)
- not enough sleep!
- 1 certification earned in volunteer administration
- 2 iPhones
- 6 triathlons
- one trip to North Carolina
- lots of volunteer hours
- lots of counting of other people’s volunteer hours
- 4 bikes
- a gaggle of new friends
- 9 girls that I coach for Girls on the Run
- several quotes in an article published in a national park and recreation magazine
- 2 half marathons
- $1310+ dollars raised for Girls on the Run of Greater Baton Rouge
- a ton of photos
- 4 trips to Georgia
- 500ish tweets (@especialk)
I am sure there is something I am missing. Please feel free to remind me if you witnessed something important along the way. Thanks for being a part of my life and for helping to make the things I have done this year a reality.