Over the years I have gotten to do several out of town races my favorites being Ironman Chattanooga, Bolder Boulder and Augusta Ironman 70.3. But the more races I do, the more that get added to the wish list. The following are five destination races on my wish list.
1) Great Wall Marathon: As you know from reading my blog, running and I have a love/hate relationship so I’ve decided if I am going to run a stand alone marathon it’s going to be epic. What’s more epic than running on and around the Great Wall of China?!
2) Big 5 Marathon: What better motivation to run than having the big five animals (Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Lion and Leopard) all around you?! Another epic race for the bucket list!
3) 3 Countries Marathon: What’s better then running a marathon in another country? Running a marathon that takes you through THREE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES! I am a bit of a passport stamp junkie and this would be such fun, especially seeing as how the three countries are some of my favorites.
4) Ironman Holland: It’s actually Ironmam Maastricht-Limburg but for my purposes Holland works better as I am one quarter Dutch and I have always dreamed of exploring the family history that I know and maybe find out some more I don’t know. Would also love to have some relatives join in the fun and make it a family Ironman!
5) Ironman Kona: There are very few triathletes that don’t dream of doing Kona one day. This is a far off dream and one that prompts me to make decisions about lifelong health because I will have to outlive my competition to qualify! But it would be amazing to be able to race on the Big Island where it all began with the best of the best–a girl can dream!
What destination races are on your must do list?
**Again this week I am linking up with other running bloggers writing about their Friday Five hosted by Cynthia from You Signed Up for What, Courtney from Eat Pray Run, DC and Mar from Mar on the Run.
****Also, be sure to come back and visit soon as we are going to be giving away some fun things!